Hemp bill/CBD sales

saffronnile
Contributor
Contributor

Now that the farm bill passed and will be emplimented on Jan 1 2019, will PayPal fund CBD sales? I cant seem to get a straight answer. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
17 REPLIES 17

imkzcr
Contributor
Contributor

This is marked as completed, but I don't see an answer?

Login to Me Too

CBDterri
New Community Member
I have not seen any answers to the original poster. I know the farm bill passed. Will PayPal now accept payments from CBD sales?
Login to Me Too

halfhillfarm
Contributor
Contributor

The 2018 Farm Bill was signed by the President and will go in effect Jan. 1, 2019. It makes hemp legal in all 50 states making it an agricultural commodity and legalizing interstate commerce. The law removes industrial hemp and its derivatives such as CBD oil from the Controlled Substances Act, removes hemp containing less than 0.3% THC from federal marijuana criminal codes as well as removing banking barriers that has, up until now, prevented PayPal from processing payments. As banks begin to proactively offer credit card processing to hemp companies, will PayPal please make an announcement soon on their policy for legal hemp products before many of us long-time users who want to sell it take other processors up on their offers? This thread is marked as "solved," but there is nothing solved here.

Login to Me Too

aschef
Contributor
Contributor

Support told me this:

right now in our Acceptable Use Policy on our website, we still do not allow CBD to be processed payments. Email that department directly at <removed> to ask.

Login to Me Too

MamaB34r
New Community Member

How come this small business UK online retailer of CBD bud and flowers (which are not legal in UK..despite mass confusion) <removed>is using PayPal?? Not to mention high street retailers Boots...Holland and Barrett......I can purchase CBD from their websites paying with PayPal???

Login to Me Too

Fullspectrumswe
Contributor
Contributor

Even here in the US my legal site they pulled PayPal off of after just 1 sale yet huge sites like <removed> is using PayPal and nothing, no problems at all!!! Its so frustrating!!! Grrrrr....

Login to Me Too

myhrdiva
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there-

Was a workaround discovered since the last poster on 6/29/19?

Login to Me Too

Fullspectrumswe
Contributor
Contributor
None for me my site is still closed until further notice pending new payment processor. Looking into Payment cloud ☁ now
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.