Help!

owenevs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to sell my xbox and I have someone someone who is interested in it. I'm new to paypal so I'm not sure how everything works just yet. They asked for my email address so I sent them my main icloud address, but they just got back to me saying that they cant send the money as they're paying via friends and family and therefore in order to proceed I need to change to my address to either yahoo, gmail or hotmail. Should I be concerned by this? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@owenevs 

Yes, its a scam, never accept a friends/family payment for selling as you will have 0 seller protection.

You also never have to change your email address, you would probably have gotten fake paypal emails saying funds released after you sent the item but the funds would NEVER show in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@owenevs 

Yes, its a scam, never accept a friends/family payment for selling as you will have 0 seller protection.

You also never have to change your email address, you would probably have gotten fake paypal emails saying funds released after you sent the item but the funds would NEVER show in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

owenevs
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you for the reply, very helpful!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.