Help

Jeffreyj241
Contributor
Contributor
I do not know what to do money was being sent to my nephew Frankie Morris from my account by my who didn't have permission to use my card he sent $500 and it went to the wrong person the wrong Frankie Morris I'm on a fixed income on SSI and PayPal is telling me there is absolutely nothing I can do to get my money returned to me can anybody help me with this my bank won't help me either because they said it was a third party app was used in they can't help me
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

insas
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Have you raised this with the third party you used? Did you back up your payment with bank car or account? If so, might be better to contact your bank.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jeffreyj241 

Sadly paypal can't do anything as you allowed your paypal account to be used however accidentally by another party.

They must have had your password OR you had that password stored on your computer so another could easily access it which is again sadly your issue.

As your bank have already said that they can't help you then your only option is to email the 'wrong' person it was sent to and request they send you a refund?

If they don't then can you tell me how the funds were sent? Was it goods/services or friends/family.

IF it was goods/services then try opening a dispute for non receipt of item and as that person has no item to send you then you may get a refund.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.