Help with a possible scam

Edcha
New Community Member

Hello,

Starting almost a month ago, an unknown stranger named David (they're always called David) started sending me money by PayPal on an email of mine which isn't linked to PayPal. What's interesting is he isn't asking for anything in return. His messages include : "A small tribute, Sir", "Let me serve you Sir", "From David on instagram, Master", "I really want to send to you, Master." The amounts have ranged from 5$ to 100$ CAD. He has also sent me emails with messages along the lines of wanting to serve me. The money doesn't interest me as much as wanting to get rid of his stalking and messages. In what way is this a possible scam? And how do I stop this guy?

Any help is appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Edcha 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.