Help with Pending Payment

MJPunalei

I received this email from eBay today - 

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:  
- AmScope 10X-20X LED Binocular Stereo Microscope Boom Arm + LED Gooseneck

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:
    If the transaction doesn't qualify for eBay’s protection, it may be because your payment isn't claimed by the seller or has been reversed. You can request an update on the status of the transaction by contacting the payment service provider.

When I checked with eBay they said it did not qualify for their resolution center protection, the said that I needed to contact PayPal.

I went to the Transaction on PayPal and it was indeed a pending transaction but without the option to cancel,

I cannot ask the seller for a refund since it was a fraudulent transaction on eBay and they have removed all access to the transaction.

Do I just need to wait for the 30 day period to time out and then the funds will be replaced in my PayPal account?

I am only asking

because I am in sort of a catch 22 situation and only going around in circles. As a retired and disabled person on a fixed income I try to be very careful of any scams and have gone through more than 500 eBay and PayPal transactions over the years until this one struck. Any help that you can provide will be appreciated. Thank you and Aloha

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.