Help with PP pool - closed early!

desertdune279
Contributor
Contributor

I created a money pool for a wedding fund. Close date 9/26/2021. I just got an email that it closed! The link has been sent to friends and family. Help! TIA!

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

ObsidianPhoenix
Contributor
Contributor

If you go to this link: https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/contact-us

And select the "Message Us" icon about halfway down the page, it'll open a chat window for you. You'll need to go through the bot a couple of times, but eventually it'll prompt you to say "Need more help", at which point it'll route to an agent.

Login to Me Too

leo___lelion
New Community Member

Same thing just happened with the pool I created for my friend's birthday! 😱

Login to Me Too

ICKSTO
New Community Member

Have the same problem meant to close on august 24...

Login to Me Too

IainP
Contributor
Contributor
Just heard from PayPal they are going to do everything to help me resolve and fix this. Solution I have to setup a new money pool and resend to everyone. What a joke and how unprofessional they are in response to there error and incompetence
Login to Me Too

stc242s
Contributor
Contributor

So unprofessional. I told them I'm not opening a new pool and will instead keep bugging them until my pool is re-opened. This is ridiculous. It should literally be a click of the mouse on their back end.

Login to Me Too

stc242s
Contributor
Contributor

Yep. Me too. It took an hour this morning to get them to admit that something went wrong on their end. I sent them a screenshot of the "Manage Pool" page and asked how my pool can close on its own a week and a half early and show that it "closed" (past-tense) on a date in August of this year. I also told them that I have important information in this pool that needs to stay together and opening a new pool is not gonna happen. I will keep bugging them in messenger until its fixed.

Login to Me Too

Rani4
Contributor
Contributor
I've reported mine, they're "working on it". It's the first pool I've ever set up (it seemed a good option for a works collection with everyone remote working). I won't be using it again, people were sceptical about using it and this hasn't exactly changed their minds.
Login to Me Too

ObsidianPhoenix
Contributor
Contributor
Our teams are working as quickly as possible to return your money pool to active status. We expect this issue to be resolved by late morning or early afternoon (U.S. Pacific Time) today, July 31. We’re sorry for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you.

Login to Me Too

stc242s
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent. Thank you for posting their reply to you. All I am getting is instructions on how to Transfer the money into my account (3) different times, or how to open a new pool (4) different times. 

Login to Me Too

desertdune279
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for all the responses, everyone! I am in queue in chat...... I personalized the URL, so a new pool is not a good option. Hopefully they will reopen it. Sounds like a glitch in the system. Technology is great when it works! 😉

and congrats to others getting married and having birthdays! ❤️ Celebrations are a good thing right now!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.