Help Please

citysyd22
Contributor
Contributor

A FB friend asked my if her friend could transfer some money into my PayPal account and then withdraw and transfer to her bank account. I agreed before getting worried. I asked to speak with her on the phone but she said she has no phone. This was all on FB Messenger. I then realised it was a scam and refused to withdraw the money. I have contacted the police and tried to contact PayPal but they are closed. I now have just under £400 in my account and I don't want it. Help Please. I am a 61 year old man with stage 4 cancer alone with my ten year old son

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@citysyd22 

Contact customer service for assistance asap:

Click HELP at the top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @citysyd22,

I'm so sorry to hear this occurred. 😞 

@sharpiemarker is absolutely right that this activity should be reported. I just wanted to add that you can also reach us on Facebook or at @AskPayPal on Twitter if you would prefer contacting our support online.

Thank you!

Michelle 

Login to Me Too

citysyd22
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks I just sent the money back. I will send further details to you and report it. Thank You

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.