Help! PayPal set up for a fundraising Primary School

Emdude
Contributor
Contributor
We are a small primary school. I set up a PayPal Business account for our fundraising. We have been accepting donations but some have had fees deducted with the donator hasn't checked friends and family. I'm gutted as I checked everywhere for fee information. So I have two questions please: - if I write to PayPal will they consider removing/refunding the fees? I don't want to cancel refund and ask them to do it again as they may not and then we have lost all the income. - what advise would you give us for the best arrangement for a fundraising primary school, business or personal? Many thanks Emma
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Emdude 

I very much doubt paypal will refund the fees.

Also even if you issue refunds to the folks that donated you won't get your fee back as paypal no longer return that fee as part of the issued refund.

Why did you open a business account? Are you a registered business or high volume seller?

If not you could have used your personal account and opened a 'money pool' where all donations are family/friends payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.