Help - PLEASE! Someone else has used *MY* email address to set up an account!

rj1brighton
New Community Member

Can anyone help me?

Someone has used my email address to set up a paypal account and have set up payments from it.

I've tried to contact paypal telephone help. It's closed

I've tried online help. It's not available

I've tried to log in to the account and reset the password so I can close it, but it needs verification and he has put in his own phone number as the verification number

This person constantly gives my email address out as his own to EVERYONE - I've even had his medical notes before now.

I *need* to be able to get this account closed - but I can't find anyone to talk to - can anyone help me with some advice?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Tbolton1970
Contributor
Contributor
I would contact your bank and have them help you. If the account was set up with the ability to access your actual bank account then they can block it. If a card was used then they will most likely change the card and send a new one.
Login to Me Too

rj1brighton
New Community Member

Thanks for responding...

This person has not set up access to my bank - they have simply used my email address to set up the paypal account.

They don't have access to anything else - and my bank cannot close a paypal account - I assume only paypal can do that.

The problem is that I cannot contact paypal at all - no online messaging - no telephone calls being answered.

I have not clicked the email verification link - yet I am now getting emails to confirm monthly payments etc... 

To be clear - they have not hacked MY account - they have set up a new account, just using my email address.

#Frustrated!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.