Help. News to contact merchant

Vonalise
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I just purchased an otem today. On my confirmation email I see the shipping address is wrong. Since I ordered off Instagram, I have no idea how to contact the seller. Though his name is on the receipt, there is link or contact information. How do I find his contact info?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Vonalise 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

If your payment is showing in your PayPal account in the Activity page and it was sent as "Goods and Services", I suggest you open a dispute to communicate directly with your seller. Select "Item not received" since you haven't received your item yet. The address can't be amended but you may want to request with your seller to cancel the order from their ends so you can place a new one along with the correct shipping address.

Opening a dispute is just like a way to directly communicate with your seller. For more information, please see the links below.

What's the difference between a dispute and a claim? 

I didn't receive my item or it's different than described. Should I open a dispute? 

Note: Links provided are for US specific account, you may have a different steps to follow if located outside the US. 

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Vonalise
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help.

It shouldn't be that difficult to contact the seller.  Paypal should include contact information on the automated receipt they send to the customer.  That way, we can resolve most issues before ever having to get Paypal involved.  Just a thought.  

Thanks, Vonalise

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.