cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a dog flown in

SOLVED
New Community Member

Having a dog flown in

I am buying an 800.00 dog and it is to be shipped by air to me. If I do not get my dog, will paypal protection cover me?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Re: Having a dog flown in

When you read through the User Agreement for Buyer Protection you will see:  Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program - Under that statement is the following line:

For Item Not Received claims, items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought in a seller’s store location.

Bottom line, I don't believe that you would be able to open a dispute should something not go as planned.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Volunteer Advisor

According to PayPal's Policy, PayPal strongly regulates 

• Items that fall into highly regulated categories or industries, many of which are also regulated by the government and other agencies worldwide. One such category is animal and wildlife products, including the sale and delivery of live animals or any part of an endangered or protected animal.
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

When you read through the User Agreement for Buyer Protection you will see:  Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program - Under that statement is the following line:

For Item Not Received claims, items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought in a seller’s store location.

Bottom line, I don't believe that you would be able to open a dispute should something not go as planned.

Tags (1)
Volunteer Advisor

@bped

If you are going to take the risk then fund that paypal payment with a credit card as they 'may' protect your purchase.

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.