Having a dog flown in

bped
New Community Member

I am buying an 800.00 dog and it is to be shipped by air to me. If I do not get my dog, will paypal protection cover me?

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

When you read through the User Agreement for Buyer Protection you will see:  Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program - Under that statement is the following line:

For Item Not Received claims, items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought in a seller’s store location.

Bottom line, I don't believe that you would be able to open a dispute should something not go as planned.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

goodboykr
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

According to PayPal's Policy, PayPal strongly regulates 

• Items that fall into highly regulated categories or industries, many of which are also regulated by the government and other agencies worldwide. One such category is animal and wildlife products, including the sale and delivery of live animals or any part of an endangered or protected animal.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

When you read through the User Agreement for Buyer Protection you will see:  Ineligible items and transactions under PayPal’s Purchase Protection program - Under that statement is the following line:

For Item Not Received claims, items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought in a seller’s store location.

Bottom line, I don't believe that you would be able to open a dispute should something not go as planned.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bped

If you are going to take the risk then fund that paypal payment with a credit card as they 'may' protect your purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.