Have the rate changes affected the Non-Profit/Charity discount?

luadhas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm with a small UK Charity.  We take membership fees by paypal.  Last week, a membership fee of £28.50 attracted a fee of £0.60, but this week it has changed to £1.13.  I know that rates have changed a bit, but it looks to me as through we have lost our charity discount on fees.  Does anyone else know anything about this?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @luadhas,

I'm sorry to hear that there is a greater fee on a payment. Was this a singular payment or all payments? It's possible that there was a cross-border fee on a payment if it was made from outside the country. If it's happening on all payments, please reach out to customer service to inquire about whether or not the charity rate is still active on the account.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

luadhas
Contributor
Contributor

All payments.  So a UK payment of £28.50 a couple of weeks back charged 60p now costs £1.13.  Overseas transaction fees have also almost doubled.

Login to Me Too

alante1
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same happenned to me on the same date. I was told that email telling ma of the increase in fees had been sent but I have never received such an email. I was told that in past years, charity accounts were setup over the phone and Paypal took my word for it, but they've now reviewed these accounts, and any that don't have the necessary paper proofs have been set to the full fee amounts. If you haven't already done so, call them and get them to check that they do think you are a charity.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.