Have still not received payment.

maryhutch1son
New Community Member

I am selling my MacBook to a buyer over in Brisbane and as I live in Melbourne I thought it would be safe to use PayPal. I sent the buyer a request of the price for the MacBook, he accepted and later I got sent an email saying my transaction had been received and what to do next would be sent in another email. It asked me to send through the shipping receipt and I did, it then sent me a "payment has been successfully approved" email, saying the money would be in my account within the next 3-5 working days. It got to the point where it had been longer than this so I searched it up and people online said it takes 21 days. It has currently been 23 days since I received this email and have not yet received my money. Im starting to get really worried as theres nothing on google that is similar to my case or nothing that helps me with it. PLEASE HELP ME OUT I'm in urgent need of some help as I'm quite young and  barely know how the app even works. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maryhutch1son 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
The 21 days refers to the 'new seller hold' but if that is the case the funds would still show in your paypal balance but have 'pending' by them, also those funds are released earlier when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 day.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@maryhutch1son 

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
The 21 days refers to the 'new seller hold' but if that is the case the funds would still show in your paypal balance but have 'pending' by them, also those funds are released earlier when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1 day.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.