Have I made a mistake

Georgebanks
Contributor
Contributor
I canceled a dispute case with you guys yesterday as the seller added the tracking (after telling me to open a case with PayPal as she couldn’t her end). If that item turns up broken can I still return it (will PayPal help). eBay tells me they won’t because I already opened one with PayPal. So basically if it turns up broken I’m not covered any more
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Georgebanks 

We are not paypal, this is a user to user advice forum, but you are correct, its x1 dispute per transaction that YOU can open.

HOWEVER if it turns up misdescribed you can ask customer services if THEY will open a second dispute for you.

Not guaranteed but they often will do so in some circumstances.

If not and you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then they may help you with a chargeback. 

Just as an aside why did you close the dispute? You should keep it open because if it turns up misdescribed you have the option to CHANGE a dispute for non receipt into a dispute for not as described if the dispute is still open.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Georgebanks
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help, I’ve not close the dispute they’ve asked me to send extra information but there is no way for me to do it I’ve looked on a PC I’ve tried to do it on my iPhone and the option is just not there I have message them through the message centre a copy of the form they want that I have signed
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.