Have I been scammed

Jack196
Contributor
Contributor
I have sold something on eBay and they say they has been paid me threw PayPal but I have received no money and I got an email from PAyPal saying they will release the funds once the tracking number sent but the buyer apparently gave that to PayPal I don’t no if it is authentic how do I get my money as I’m starting to think I have been scammed it says I have to send them a refund in the email I got today as they sent to much money and I also had another saying PayPal are holding the funds till I do this . This transaction does not show anywhere on my PayPal I have just been receiving emails from the seller saying talk to PayPal as shes paid but I can’t Due to not being able to get threw
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jack196 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM READ IT AND SEE.

SCAM.
They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they don't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment for custom fees, over payment or anything else they can think of to get money from you.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jack196 

SOUNDS LIKE THIS SCAM READ IT AND SEE.

SCAM.
They may buy on Ebay but they use an anonymous or hijacked Ebay account and DO NOT have a Paypal account so they don't use Ebay checkout.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk/spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Once you have become a victim they may try again with more fake Paypal emails with other 'reasons' that you must send them a payment for custom fees, over payment or anything else they can think of to get money from you.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.