Have I been hacked?

jacobwills0720
New Community Member

Got a message from +4[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]saying 

PayPal: Your account has been temporarily limited for unauthorised activity please verify your account immediately: https://pp-verification.net

The website looked like paypals so I instinctively clicked and logged in but when I was fillimg in peronal info I stopped and figured it might not be legit. Does anyone recognise this number or url?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacobwills0720 

And please, please, PLEASE, always log on to your PayPal account directly at PayPal.com website to corroborate if what the message, email, text is saying is true, that there is some unauthorized activity or account limitation, etc. instead of clicking on links. I would change password.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacobwills0720 

That is not a PayPal site. PayPal uses PayPal.com so the url should start with https://www.paypal.com with a green lock icon.

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jacobwills0720 

And please, please, PLEASE, always log on to your PayPal account directly at PayPal.com website to corroborate if what the message, email, text is saying is true, that there is some unauthorized activity or account limitation, etc. instead of clicking on links. I would change password.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Randy

@jacobwills0720,

If you think that your account might've been compromised, I recommend reporting the potential fraud to PayPal after updating your account's password and security questions.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.