Has Pay Pal abandoned live support for robots??

zlloyd1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again all, I am here again because it seems that Pay Pal has completely turned off live customer support now, instead forcing you to deal with bots, and automated response systems, which are not equipped to handle most questions, and that no longer have the ability to connect you with a live person to help you....

You absolutely ONLY have the option of leaving a message, which will NEVER be responded to, and that is if the useless Message Center bot can even understand what you need. You can file a complaint against them online, but they will try to reach you ONCE by phone, and then stop caring. If you miss the call, they will leave an obviously scripted voicemail, and then close the case.

So basically, they have completely closed their live support department, and replaced it with robots who cannot help you at all. Not only do they not provide any form of live chat support, but their telephone support is yet ANOTHER robot, with very limited things you can ask, that hangs up the call after a scripted response.

They have completely given up on customer support it seems. I am aware that we are in a pandemic right now, and this is an excuse of sorts, to perhaps extend wait times, but not to completely cut all humans out fo the loop.

Do no human beings even work for Pay Pal any more, or have they all been sent home to allow the company to be run completely by robots?? Visions of The Terminator come to mind truthfully, like the robots are taking over the world, or something. 

They claim that you can reach out to them on social media like Twitter / Facebook, but they never reply to those contacts either. So I guess, until there is a realistic alternative, Pay Pal rules the world now. 

Yet ANOTHER MONOPOLY that feels it does not have to care anymore, kind of like cable companies, and utilities, who can do whatever they want to their customers, with no accountability!!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.