Got a curious email

Archvile
Contributor
Contributor

I got this particular email:

(Image system is broken, so here is the link: <removed>

However, I never sent anything to anyone, and when I tried to click "Resolve Now" it told me that my account was in danger and prompted me to re-enter my information, such as name, address and card info. When I tried to check my Paypal summary, this amount is never shown anywhere, and this is nowhere to be found in my activity. What gives?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Archvile,

I'm sorry to hear that you got a concerning email! It is probable that this was a fake email designed to trick you into disclosing your personal information. If you clicked the button or link in the email and provided any information, please consider that information compromised. If you logged in through that link or button, please open a fresh browser and log in to your account by typing PayPal.com into the address bar, and change your password as quickly as possible. If you disclosed any card information, that information may need to be canceled and reissued by your card issuing bank.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Archvile
Contributor
Contributor

That being said, is this mail from you guys?
<removed>

That's the email attached to the mail I got.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Archvile,

Thank you for your reply. Please review the information in the article I linked in my post above. That information will help with determining whether an email is fake or not. The return address is fake if it has a domain other than paypal.com, but even if it does have a domain of paypal.com, it could be a clever fake that is spoofing the real address. Other cues should be used to point to the email's illegitimacy. 

Please also review the Community Forum Posting Guidelines. Posting email addresses is not permitted in the community forum. 

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.