Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thoedoff74

You don't need a paypal balance as a buyer as paypal will take from any linked funding source ie card or bank account.

What normally happens is that paypal credit the seller on your behalf and Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so their is no delay in getting your item.

However they only do this if..............

1. You fund the payment with a card (debit or credit).

2. You fund the payment with a linked bank account BUT have a back up card linked.

If you only have a bank account linked the payment 'may' be sent as an echeque and you and the seller have to await clearance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Thoedoff74

You don't need a paypal balance as a buyer as paypal will take from any linked funding source ie card or bank account.

What normally happens is that paypal credit the seller on your behalf and Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer, this is so their is no delay in getting your item.

However they only do this if..............

1. You fund the payment with a card (debit or credit).

2. You fund the payment with a linked bank account BUT have a back up card linked.

If you only have a bank account linked the payment 'may' be sent as an echeque and you and the seller have to await clearance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.