Genuine Emails with terrible English grammar

CalyrElf2
New Community Member

I received a genuine email from Paypal telling me that I purchased something. I did purchase this; the email arrived two minutes after the purchase and it was also recorded in my PayPal account. I don't dispute anything, but what I want to know is, why does the email contain such terrible English? The first sentence says this: "Thanks for your order at . Money won't leave your account until processes your order."

That's the whole first line ... I didn't leave anything out after "at." The sentence just ended that way. And the next sentence is also in terrible English.

If they don't want us to fall for scam PayPal emails, then can't they do something to correct the grammar in their genuine ones? I worry when I see things like this because we've always been taught to be wary of bad English emails. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CalyrElf2 

I think after the "at", its supposed to be the merchant's name, as well as after "until". Maybe the merchant's name data failed to populate the email correctly. PayPal don't write out each email confirmation by hand, they use templates and some times the data may not have filled in correctly. Technical glitch?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.