Friends and family

Smithy19
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I made a payment to someone from shpock for 230 for a pc component. Iv received no reply since and no delivery details so I'm expecting that iv been scammed is there anything I can do I paid through paypal with my bank card also I have proof of all messages and no reply. What's my chances of getting any money back.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smithy19 

Locate the transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem".

Does it give you these four options to dispute? If so, then choose the first option.

I didn't receive an item i purchased  

The [entire order] product or service was not delivered to you. 

I received an item that's significantly not as described  

The product or service was significantly not as described in your order. 

I want to report unauthorized activity  

Report suspicious activity, transactions and account changes you didn't authorize. 

I have a billing issue  

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or canceled subscriptions.

If you only see the 3rd option or the last two options then you paid as friends and family and there is no refund or purchase protection. You will have to call your bank card issuer to dispute the transaction instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Smithy19 

Locate the transaction in your PayPal account activity, click it, then click "Report a problem".

Does it give you these four options to dispute? If so, then choose the first option.

I didn't receive an item i purchased  

The [entire order] product or service was not delivered to you. 

I received an item that's significantly not as described  

The product or service was significantly not as described in your order. 

I want to report unauthorized activity  

Report suspicious activity, transactions and account changes you didn't authorize. 

I have a billing issue  

Report issues with transaction amount, duplicate charges, refunds or canceled subscriptions.

If you only see the 3rd option or the last two options then you paid as friends and family and there is no refund or purchase protection. You will have to call your bank card issuer to dispute the transaction instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.