Friends and Family

MrEd3
New Community Member

I requested money from my daughter, and PayPal charged a fee for the transaction. Paypal says friends and family are free to send money, but I cannot find where in Paypal you can set up friends and family!

Help

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If you were charged a fee, then the money was sent as "Goods and Services", if the sender was charged a fee, then the sender used a Credit Card as the funding source.  Fees are explained here.  Note, the section "Sending money to friends and family."

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrEd3

That would be dependent on what country you are in as in some countries the receiver pays the fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MrEd3,

The information that @Anonymous_User gave is correct, but the link is specific to the US. If you're not in the US, please check the Fees page found by clicking "Fees" at the bottom of the main PayPal page. The one specific to your country or region should automatically load.

@kernowlass - Have you seen any countries where the fees for friends and family payments are adopted by the receiver? I know that it used to be a choice that the sender could make to pass the fees on to the recipient, but that was changed a while back. To my knowledge, that change was made in every country, but if you have seen something I have missed, please let me know.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.