Friends and Family fees: USA-Spain / Credit card vs Bank account / Sender vs receiver

Galilea
Contributor
Contributor

After going through Paypal's policy on fees several times from different official Paypal sources (eg. https://www.paypal.com/bb/smarthelp/article/what-are-the-fees-for-paypal-accounts-faq690), I'm still confused about the whole thing because there are so many variables that would apply to my usual transactions.

Would someone please be kind enough to let me know how it exactly works, i.e.:

Which fees would apply to friends and family payments in the following cases, and who would pay them, the sender or the recipient?

• Payments from a USA sender to a recipient in Spain, in USD?
  • Payments from USA sender to a recipient in Spain, in EUR?
  • Payments from an EU country sender to a recipient in Spain, in EUR?
  • Payments from an EU country sender to  recipient in Spain, in GBP or any other non-EUR currencies?
  • If the sender’s Paypal account is linked to a credit o debit card?
  • If the sender’s Paypal account is linked to a bank account?
  • If the recipient’s Paypal account is linked to a credit o debit card?
  • If the recipient’s Paypal account is linked to a bank account?

Examples:

1) Which fees would have to be paid by the sender and/or by the recipient in a payment of 200USD from a USA sender with a Paypal account linked to a credit card, to a recipient in Spain with a Paypal account linked to a credit card? 

2) Which fees would have to be paid by the sender and/or by the recipient in a payment of 200USD from a USA sender with a Paypal account linked to a credit card, to a recipient in Spain with a Paypal account linked to a bank account? 

Thanks so much in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.