Freelancer - Business Account

sureks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm a newbie Freelancer  and have just created a Business Account (as I thought that's what is required for Freelancers to receive online payments from India & International). I have completed my KYC as required but still it shows me an Alert for Proof of Business Entity & Proof of Business Address. But elsewhere, it says these proofs are required ONLY for Sole Proprietors. 

As I'm a Freelancer who's trying to provide some online services/jobs and receive payments, I presume I do not need to provide these details (as I don't have any proof of Business Entity).

So, I would like to know,

1. Have I setup PayPal correctly for working as a Freelancer and offering my services?
  2. Can I start receiving International payments (USD) 
  3. Can I start receiving Local Payments (INR)

Requesting  your expert clarifications.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Javed_Wilde
New Community Member

Yes, you can receive international payments.
For that, u just need to submit your identity and address proof.

For local transactions, I have no clue. I don't really get local clients and even if I do, I rely on Bhim or bank transfer.
However, it would be more professional to use Paypal for local transactions as well.

Unfortunately at the moment, no one is available from Paypal support because of the pandemic. 
we will have to wait for a proper resolution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

abby0716
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am having an issue also on providing a proof of my business registration, I run a small online business thus it does not need to register this in my country as I do not have a physical store. If you have idea also on what documents to submit then I will appreciate it. Good luck to the both of us.

Warm regards,

Abby

Login to Me Too

abby0716
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, my account is now fully restored. I think theres no other solution but to comply to their requirements if you are using a business account. I think a personal account is more suitable to use if you are a freelancer, just my opinion. 🙂 Better ask Paypal if you can dowgrade your account to a personal one.
Login to Me Too

Pavanjit
Contributor
Contributor

Same issue here. I don't understand why personal accounts in India can't recieve money. It's such a lame restriction that has been imposed on us. Other countries don't have this issue. 

Did you find a way to fix this though? I've been waiting for three days right now with no response from paypal.

Login to Me Too

sureks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I'm still waiting for an answer from PayPal.

My Account summary states that I can receive International payments. But for local I need to verify.

Does this mean  its ok for me to start offering  web services to foreign clients and receive there $ payments  or should I still submit the business documents (which I don't have as I am working from home as a freelancer).

Still confused....

Suresh,

Login to Me Too
Solved

Javed_Wilde
New Community Member

Yes, you can receive international payments.
For that, u just need to submit your identity and address proof.

For local transactions, I have no clue. I don't really get local clients and even if I do, I rely on Bhim or bank transfer.
However, it would be more professional to use Paypal for local transactions as well.

Unfortunately at the moment, no one is available from Paypal support because of the pandemic. 
we will have to wait for a proper resolution.

Login to Me Too

keshav6
Contributor
Contributor

Can we withdraw the money that we got from international clients without completing business entity?

any help would be appreciated, Thank you! in advance

Login to Me Too

Parshey42
Contributor
Contributor
Have this got ever resolve for you? I'm also a freelancer that provide graphic services online. I complied to all requirements except for the business address since I'm just a freelancer working from home. Any input would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ayare

Any solution yet? I have the same problem myself

Login to Me Too

Vinosajan
New Community Member
Vinosajan
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.