Fraudulent seller

Simon01
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately i did not purchase using paypal but want to know how i make paypal aware that a seller who carries the PayPal verified logo is selling items that are falsely advertised. I bought a pair of “genuine leather boots” and received very cheap fabric boots with poorly glued on plastic soles . These boots look nothing like the article advertised. Also they use multiple different names (same photos and prices). Just want to let PayPal know as it damages their brand as well being associated with scam artists . I for one will never trust anything that paypal are showing as a verified member again . 

Very disappointed !

91AA9B40-9ED5-4F08-9797-9EDCA07E27AA.jpeg8C78FAE5-DA78-46ED-82F6-4F86AF14EFB5.jpeg89769E2D-24FF-4E48-9E44-46572811F5C9.jpeg

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Simon01 

Bet its one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @Simon01

I'm sorry to hear of the disappointment. We do have procedures in place to check on a merchants selling trends to help prevent and stop risky selling activity. If you feel a merchant is violating our Acceptable Use Policy, you can report this to us here

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.