Fraudulent purchase offer

7753sarahs
Contributor
Contributor

I am selling a sofa on a free advertising site, I received the below correspondence and i have a suspicion its fake, I have asked her where the sofa will be going to and she says Northern Ireland but I have not given her any details, why would someone purchase a sofa as a gift to her cousin, and without seeing it at all? Just doesn't add up and £700 is a lot of money to part with for an unseen item even though she says funds will be received prior to collection, is there a possibility if she is a fraud i would lose the sofa and the money anyway? Please help, see below for email from her

Sent: 17 September 2020 13:28
To:
Subject: Re: Corner sofa

please consider it sold and please cancel every other appointment regarding it as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin as a gift, i have read through the advert and I'm totally satisfied with it,sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and me being in wheelchair.I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal.Where is the pick up location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?. Meanwhile you can send me your PayPal email and registered name so that i can send the money right away and choose a good time for the pick up after payment has been received and also please confirm the exact amount i will need to pay in order to avoid mistake   

Hi Mollie

Where is it going to

Possible delivery that’s all

Thanks

Sarah

N.ireland

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Godlin
Contributor
Contributor

the name courier agent to me sounds like the same person im dealing with....However he says his on the oil rink

Login to Me Too

7753sarahs
Contributor
Contributor

t just seems fishy, I haven't heard anything again from her, if she wanted it that bad she would have messaged again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.