Fraudulent paypal payment. 3rd party accounts compromised

Victory67
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, TYIA to all the replies and messages back in support to help resolve this issue. I have had several accounts hacked into today via someone claiming to have “bought” my accounts from some account purchasing website. I’ve already taken care of resecuring all my accounts and changing passwords. However, what move can I do to report and PayPal account? I had funds removed from my account and paid to someone in a completely other country without my authorization. PayPal has already taken action and refunded me the funds, but I’m concerned for other people who can get compromised in the same way. Should I report this to some government agency? Can I report this to PayPal so they can investigate this further? What can I do to protect my information and identity even further?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Nonne75
New Community Member

In your place as  I have had something similar happening to me as well. Change passwords both for paypal and your email address. Apparently there's a lot of email user names + passwords being sold at present so if they got hold of one portion they might have gotten hold of something else too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.