Rec'd request for money

Hillnj78
Contributor
Contributor
I rec'd request to send money to Support California Wildfires and didn't even contact them, How do I sent and block them
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hillnj78 

Just ignore, spoof / scam.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

spdeplayer2
Contributor
Contributor

why am i getting invoices from California wildfires and how do i stop it?

Login to Me Too

SimplyBeachy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone ~ Received "pending" California Wildfire Invoice and was able to cancel it. Click on the invoice and you should see a "cancel" button. Simply click that and it will not be removed, but there will be a line through the amount and it will show cancelled. It will remain on your activities page for 30 days and then drop off. I just got off the phone with Paypal and they walked me through it.  Have a great day everyone! Stay safe 🙂

Login to Me Too

TammyB64
Contributor
Contributor

When I hit cancel, it says it’s sending an email to the company saying canceled. Is that safe?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

SimplyBeachy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I don't recall if that same thing happened to me, but I went to my activity page and this wildfire was the first one there, saying "pending". There was a blue arrow to the right of that transaction and I clicked on it and it brought me to a page at the top that said something like "continue, pay or something like that" and "cancel".  That's where I hit cancel. Then, back on the activity page, the transaction was still there, but the $35.00 (the amount they were trying to get from me) had a black line through it. The Paypal representative said it will stay there for 30 days and disappear, so not to worry. I would try again and click on the blue arrow. If you open the entire transaction, it just shows you their invoice. Back out and look for the blue arrow. Hope that helps!!

Login to Me Too

SimplyBeachy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again ~ I just wanted to clarify something I think might help: When you are looking at your activity page, you'll see the wildfire transaction that should say "pending". Don't click on it to open it up because you'll just get their invoice. Back out again and look for a blue arrow just to the right of the transaction. Click that and at the top of the page there should be two options: The first one is something like pay or accept and the second should say "Cancel". Hit that one (Cancel). You may have to scroll down to bottom of page and hit cancel again, but I forget 😞 Anyway, look at your activity page again and it should have the wildfire transaction there, but with a black line through the amount they were trying to get. That tells you it has been cancelled. I hope it works for you guys!!!

Login to Me Too

mseghers
Contributor
Contributor

Fraudulent invoice from a Russian source, it looks like.  Pretending to be GoDaddy charging me for a domain i actually own.

When I click CANCEL, it just takes me to the invoice.  It doesn't actually cancel the invoice, or ask me anything about reason, etc.

When I go to Dispute Resolution, I select the pending invoice, and it says I cannot submit that kind of transaction for dispute.

NO HUMAN BEING to talk to.  Thinking of cancelling paypal.  Apparently they dont care about Fraud.

Login to Me Too

gabe-a
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem. There is an invoice pending from a random Russian fraud ring, I have reported the fraud, Paypal said they're investigating. But look at what has happened in the months since I reported it:

1. I have heard absolutely nothing back

2. I cannot cancel the invoice. The Activity screen doesn't let me, even though Cancel is shown (it does nothing, on any computer or browser). I have 15 pages of utterly useless Customer Service chats where some person (or bot) just pastes the same steps dozens of times despite me posting screenshots proving the obvious steps DO NOT WORK. 

3. I emailed paypal using their online contact form and have heard nothing back for days. 

Since the scammer's invoice came in, every time I log into Paypal, I have this huge (fraudulent!!) "invoice" sitting on top of my Activity page which I cannot cancel. It sits there glaring at me, an ironic testament to the utter futility and incompetence of Paypal's broken invoice and support system, and the incredible brokenness of the online chat system. I cannot get through to anyone, and am wracking up dozens of pages of customer service chat where random people/bots keep posting the same inane list of steps anyone who has ever used a computer would have tried countless times (and which I tried countless more!). 

This is absurd beyond reason, beyond reckoning. It is so appalling it would border on hilarious if it weren't so dangerous. This Russian bot group is scraping public WHOIS data for domains around the world and issuing fake invoices left and right, and not only will Paypal not investigate, but I AM PREVENTED FROM REMOVING THE FRAUDULENT INVOICE. 

Doesn't this seem just a little bit maddening? Doesn't this seem just a little incompetent at best, and hurtful to your customers at worst? 

Please just let me and others delete these fake Russian invoices. I use Paypal a lot and the Activity screen is important to me. If this fake invoice remains there permanently, there is a chance I'll click it by accident one of these days and pay a scam ring somewhere. Please, just LET US REMOVE THE FRAUDULENT INVOICES FROM OUR ACCOUNTS!! Or do it yourselves so it's gone for good. 

Login to Me Too

BCTopa
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, we had the same issue pop up yesterday - 7/31/2020.  Very frustrating that we cant' get in touch with anyone in customer service or in a fraud department to deal with it.  The "chat" feature is useless and all it really did was create a new message that was to be responded to in "several hours".  More than twelve hours later...NO RESPONSE! Pathetic!  I canceled the bogus invoice but there needs to be a way to remove it from the account so we don't see it when ever we log into the account.  PayPal needs to block whomever is sending these so-called invoices. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.