Fraud

Sulwife00
Contributor
Contributor
Please help I think some one is trying to scan me. This is my first time receiving money thru paypal. He is telling me I have to go to Walmart and and get a gift card scratch the card and send pictures of the receipt to PayPal email and they will release my 400 dollars to me and I have to send 200 back to him. Because the transaction is only for 200. This doesn't make sense to me
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sulwife00 

Yes, its a scam. PayPal does not ask you to buy and submit gift card info in order to release payment to you. The buyer made up a spoof email pretending to be from PayPal. If someone really paid, you will see record of payment in your PayPal account fairly instantly, even if PayPal puts a hold on the funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sulwife00 

Yes, its a scam. PayPal does not ask you to buy and submit gift card info in order to release payment to you. The buyer made up a spoof email pretending to be from PayPal. If someone really paid, you will see record of payment in your PayPal account fairly instantly, even if PayPal puts a hold on the funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Sulwife00
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much! I thought so,just wanted conformation. I truly appreciate it.
Login to Me Too

ElleLakhani
New Community Member

Hi, so it turns out that my dumb self fell so this type of scam, and the scammer is now threatening to have me arrested, that is all fake right?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ElleLakhani 

Yep !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.