Fraud: seller removing his bank account from his Paypal account

GeoffroyP
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I just had a question regarding fraud and Paypal protection. 

Let's say I buy an item and it isn't at all like on its description, I open a dispute after the seller got his money. What guarantee do I have that Paypal will force the seller to refund me? What I'm saying is the seller can just take all of his money to his bank account when I buy the item, remove his bank account from his Paypal and then how can Paypal protect me by refunding me? Even if the seller isn't allowed to close his Paypal, since he has no bank account connected to it anymore he can't be forced to refund me right? Or is Paypal refunding me with its own money?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@GeoffroyP

PayPal would refund you with their own funds.

The sellers PayPal account would go negative if they removed all funding sources, and there was no way to retrieve the funds that were paid back to you—from them. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@GeoffroyP

PayPal would refund you with their own funds.

The sellers PayPal account would go negative if they removed all funding sources, and there was no way to retrieve the funds that were paid back to you—from them. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.