Fraud email

jayandlittlej2
New Community Member

I was sent 400 dollars from nedra through her PayPal per the email I forwarded to you in my email. I never received the money in my PayPal account but there was a link to confirm my account with a confirmation number. I have had this account since 2007 so I was suspicious. I went to the true webpage for PayPal and it did state that sometimes you have to confirm your account. So I went back to email pressed the lin and it took me to a login page for PayPal. I logged in and went in to confirm. After I did confirm my whole account was wiped out on my phone. I could no longer log in and it showed me as a new customer with a zero balance. I immediately got on another device to login and was able to get into my account and change the password and empty all the funds from the account. I just don’t know if I was hacked or the sender was hacked or how to manage this. Should I close this account completely. This is my eBay account that people pay. What should I do. Am I still compromised. Please help as I am not sure how to manage the sender if she insists she did not have a fraud on her account. Thank you for your time and help. Candice

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.