Fraud, Nigeria

gdowling1992
New Community Member

WATCH OUT!!!
Fraud from 23401 Nigeria.

Have rang so many companies and nothing can be done even if you have insurance.  Never send to Nigeria.  Ever. You lose your money. I have lost 340GBP

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

Contributor
Contributor

So basically I have lost my ipad and/or £270. there is no protection, no justice, no come back, no help from police or anyone. 

`Seems once again its the victim who suffers AGAIN. 

Great British Laws. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well its a shame that YOU responded to a spoof email before checking that the funds were in your paypal account balance and sent it presumably to someone internationally.

Not sure who you expect to bail you out for a mistake that you made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

well there is no need to be so **bleep** rude.....

If things were that easy, then NO ONE would be scammed... I just hope this never happens to you. 

I had an email, that looked and sounded like a paypal email saying that funds were in their hands after being sent from the buyer, and they would be released to me once a tracking No from Royal Mail was given to them. 

If I wanted to receive abuse from someone, I would ask, ..if your a volenteer for Paypal as per your profile, I really hope they know how abusive and rude you are, and if they don't, they will now.... 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You were the one being rude if you read your previous post, blaming everyone for your own mistake.

I have as much right to my views as you do. And personally whilst i sympathise that you were scammed there is no need to blame anyone else for what was your mistake.

Very odd that you think that you can post what you want but I can't? What does the fact that I am a volunteer have to do with it?

I guess the reason you object to my post is because you wanted someone to post and agree with you........i do not and that is my right.

You are the rude one, my posts were perfectly polite. I haven't put pretend silly swear words in my post.

You obviously just did not like being disagreed with.......thats lamentable but unfortunately allowable. Its called a user forum for varying views.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

Actually you were rude, if you look at the attitude of your msg.

I was not BLAMING other people, I was asking about ways of compensation, or advise from people who might of managed to get something sorted. 

I did not ask for ( or deserve ) a reply like yours. 

Your are a rude arrangant person, and someone that does not seem to be suited to be giving advise or anything else to people, who throught no fault of their own ( or anyone else other than the fraudster ) are victims, and as a result are a little sensative and upset. 

Maybe rather than being agressive towards people, you should be giving HELPFUL advise .... which is what I would of thought your role as a volenteer involves. 

I no longer wish to speak to you, and will be deleting my profile, so that I do not have to be subjected to your vile disgusting mouth... oh and by the way, I did not ***** out the word, PAypal did if I had my way they would of stayed in 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Thank you for proving my point with your succinct, erudite and truly remarkable last post      Smiley Wink

toodlepip.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dilwit

Recently I have received fake Paypal emails  in conjunction with a transaction due to take place by a lady in Nigeria by the name of Alice!

Also, someone has hacked a bank account that has NEVER been used yet......treated themselves to some mobile phones on o2 contracts, my name, my address the lot! I dare not leave any money in  my bank accounts for fear of loosing the lot!!!

Login to Me Too

midgetgems22
New Community Member

This has happened to me twice in the past 2 days! I had someone asking me to post to Nigeria for their cousin's birthday. When I said I was advised in the post office not to send, they sent me a nasty email and asked me to try a different post office. However, I rang paypal and they advised the email addresses were fake. I sent this email to the buyer and they responded admitting they were a scam! 

''For your information, I have just telephoned paypal and advised them of the email I received and all the details of the transaction and they advised confirmation of payment is FAKE. They also advised that although the funds you claim to have sent would be pending, they would still show in my paypal account as a pending balance so in fact you've sent no money at all. I will now report you to ebay as a scammer and tell them that you have carried out a fraudulent transaction. I have a good mind to report you to the police. Thank you for trying to STEAL my money, i must say you are good at sounding genuine. Unfortunately for you, I am not stupid and it hasn't worked this time. I will make sure you do not scam any other innocent ebayers.''

His response was:-

''Am very sorry .. pls dont report me .. i promise wont do that again.. am sorry''.

I reported him on ebay, however, I think this needs to be taken more seriously as I have received yet another fake email from paypal and ebay as below:-

You have an Instant Payment of £169.99 GBP from<removed>to your account for an eBay item through PayPal

Make sure you never provide your password to fraudulent websites You should never give your PayPal password to anyone, including PayPal employees. 

<removed>
<removed> just sent you money with Pay Pal.

<removed>, is a Verified buyer.

Payment Details

Purchased From:         <removed>

Transaction ID:             
Case #:                        PP-091-962-222
Current status:             Payment Pending   

Item #               Item Title        Qty.   Price         <removed> MSI U100 Pink Mini Laptop Computer Netbook   1 £109.99 GBP                         Subtotal:    £109.99 GBP        Shipping and handling:    £60.00 GBP     Shipping Insurance: £00.00 GBP       Total:  £169.99 GBP   

Shipping Information Address: Name        :WILLIAMS <removed>
Address    :<removed>
City           :<removed>
State         :<removed>
Zip Code    :<removed>.
Country     :Nigeria,

Address Status: Confirmed   
What to Do Next
--------------------------

The fund has been deducted from the buyer's account and will be credited into your account immediately the shipment is confirmed .Get back to us with the shipment tracking number and the money will be credited immediately. Mail the tracking number to our customers care department at here.

Note: For security purposes, This payment is pending because it was sent in a currency in which you do not currently hold a balance. Also we got complains from our customer that some seller refuse to post an item after they have receive clear fund.Therefore to complete this transaction. Get back to us with the tracking number details so that we can verify that the item has been shipped and transfer the funds deducted from the buyer's PayPal account to your account. If you have any question or you want to send the Shipment details to us at PayPal customer care at here You can also send the bar code details to the buyer if you want. If you do not accept or deny this payment within 30 days, it will be cancelled and the funds will be returned to Ortiz <removed>"s account. 

I have not been scammed this time but this needs to stop happening to innocent people!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

But what can be done????

The scammers either hijack ebay accounts or do off ebay transactions.

So the actual payments are never done via paypal and paypal can do nothing about someone in Nigeria sending out scam emails.

Its happening for lots of things, scammers emailing regarding your bank account etc etc. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

hojaks
Contributor
Contributor

lucky that i just read all of these .... i was told to send     a watch to nigeria anhe will pay for it ... i got a message saying it had been caneled by ebay earler .. then he sends a message telling me its been sorted an hes payed for the watch an i should send it to him... i checked my paypal an ebay an nothing had been payed to me not even pending payments ...i told him this he said check your spam,which was strange because why would paypal an ebay send a message to my spam instead of my inbox as they always do  ..... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.