Fraud, Nigeria

gdowling1992
New Community Member

WATCH OUT!!!
Fraud from 23401 Nigeria.

Have rang so many companies and nothing can be done even if you have insurance.  Never send to Nigeria.  Ever. You lose your money. I have lost 340GBP

Login to Me Too
70 REPLIES 70

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nigerians cannot have PayPal accounts.

Read the hundreds of posts on PayPal. 

Also you are safe if you don't send until the payment shows in your PayPal account. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gdowling1992
New Community Member

we were sent fake paypal emails.

also, they hacked into a UK account, inc bank account

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes of course email was fake but you should have checked your PayPal account to make sure the payment was completed. 

I have been on ebay for 14 years and this scam has been running all that time. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

gdowling1992
New Community Member

understand this now.

just sorry that it happened and so annoyed that it is happening to other people

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes its a shame there is not something when you join ebay or paypal with a pop up that advises you re those scams........it would save a lot of heartache.

Can i mention that someone posted the other day that they phoned their post office and as the item had not left they returned the item to the seller.............may be worth trying.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

catherinejoy

I tried to get my item back from royal mail and they said legally they have to send it. I am so annoyed. I can't afford to just be giving things away.

Login to Me Too

Kool
New Community Member

Please help. Last month, i did a transaction with a Company in China. I paid through paypal, and i received the items within 4days via DHL. I spent $260. I decided to order more, but paid for the item twice, first a deposite of $50, to get a Proforma invoice, then balance of over $400  for the Company to ship item to me. I was given a DHL tracking no, but checking on DHL's website, it shows "information for shipment received". This is the message for 10days now. Called severally but apologies and lies.

I then called Paypal, and the guy i spoke with said i am not allowed to pay twice for a transaction,company policy thus no dispute claim can be opened. I believe Paypal themselves are fraudulent. I use them to protect me, and believe they have honest information about all their customers. If i'm not protected, then why use them?

I ma really confuse. I understand their is a national holiday in China now, so waiting till monday to call the Company again. I don't know if we are allowed to mention company's name.

Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor

So if we get sent fake emails and they say post item, send the tracking No by email... then you find that no funds have been transfered, can you claim or get money back? My item was requested to USA

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Who would pay you the money back?

As the transaction was not done via paypal then of course they can't assist you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.