First Time selling

K4tyco
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, it's my first time selling on eBay and the funds aren't showing even though the seller has proof of payment. Everyone I've spoken to has told me not to post until the money is at least showing in PayPal, or there's a 'received payment' marker from eBay, but it says pending 🙁 How do I know if it's OK to send? Will I get my money ? Even if I send the item? Just a bit apprehensive about being out of pocket. Any advise will be appreciated
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@K4tyco

Check this first.........
Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down to the bottom of the listing and check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

K4tyco
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, it didn't have an email address, but I've been receiving emails for receipts when buying items (not new to buying, just selling) and my email address has been fine before. I've also received money on PayPal before, just not from eBay :s
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@K4tyco

There is bound to be an email address on your 'listing' so go check again by doing a pretend sale.

Your email address may be fine on ebay and paypal BUT it may be incorrect when you added it to your auction during the listing process.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

K4tyco
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, looks like my old iPhone email address was still attached for some reason 😞 I've amended it now (to the paypal.me address, that's the one isn't it, not my actual email address?) Would I get another confirmation ? Or will I need to write theses ones off and just wait? I don't even know if the money would have gone in if the email address was incorrect 😞 Is there anyone at eBay I could speak to?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@K4tyco

You need to put your paypal email address on your auction and not your paypal.me address.

Also if you can add your old email address to your paypal account then verify it the funds should show.

If not then they won't complete on FINISHED transactions.

So you need to ask your buyers.........

what it says in their paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods/Services option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen. They may not want to do this and so you could then cancel the transaction.

Unclaimed.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying.
Again they may not want to pay you again until they get their money back so you may need to cancel the transaction for them.

Completed.

If its completed then come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

K4tyco
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Apologies for not replying sooner, network has been down all day. I've got it sorted now, it was my selling email, was still my old address 😞 Thank you so much for your advice 👍🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.