Fees?

gabicoll
New Community Member

Hello! I just had my first client purchase our educational products, paid by credit card via Paypal here. I am in Canada, and they are in the US. When payment was received, I noticed a fee deduction of a significant amount, and cannot understand why. I looked through the information, but could not specifically find an answer to it. How is the fee calculated, is there something that I should have prepared in advance? Thank you for the help!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Dmitriyy
Contributor
Contributor
If you sold on ebay and got money on paypal thats 13% right there not counting whatever laws and regulations there might be between countries. Its not much info to go by but look on fees section on paypal you will find the reason. There are many. conversion rate fees etc. Laws and regulations are different between countries, even some states in usa can buy same item same price but amount will be different in the end.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Dmitriyy
Contributor
Contributor
If you sold on ebay and got money on paypal thats 13% right there not counting whatever laws and regulations there might be between countries. Its not much info to go by but look on fees section on paypal you will find the reason. There are many. conversion rate fees etc. Laws and regulations are different between countries, even some states in usa can buy same item same price but amount will be different in the end.
Login to Me Too

gabicoll
New Community Member

Yes, ok. Thanks so much. I continued to dig a little deeper after posting the question.

I appreciate your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.