Fees

TeeBee68
Contributor
Contributor

I am wondering about a fee that has been charged to my PayPal account in relation to a payment I received recently for an item I sold on eBay.  Is it right to be charged a fee by both PayPal AND eBay?  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TeeBee68 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 completely separate companies.

You pay Ebay to advertise and sell your items, ebay fee is billed on a monthly basis.

You pay Paypal to be able to receive instant payments from buyers (including from credit card funded payments) that fee is deducted from the buyers payment and the rest credited to your paypal balance.

FEES are listed on both Ebay and Paypal sites.

If you are unhappy with those fees then you don't actually have to use one or both sites.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TeeBee68 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 completely separate companies.

You pay Ebay to advertise and sell your items, ebay fee is billed on a monthly basis.

You pay Paypal to be able to receive instant payments from buyers (including from credit card funded payments) that fee is deducted from the buyers payment and the rest credited to your paypal balance.

FEES are listed on both Ebay and Paypal sites.

If you are unhappy with those fees then you don't actually have to use one or both sites.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.