Fees

rmvnglst
Contributor
Contributor

It's my first time to transfer money from my personal account to my business account here in PayPal. is the fee really necessary? I was charged 1,400 PHP for PayPal fee. I tried to contact them via email but no response, will PayPal reimburse it? thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rmvnglst 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If you sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and charge you a fee.

2. If you had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rmvnglst 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If you sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and charge you a fee.

2. If you had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

rmvnglst
Contributor
Contributor

Since the account I sent the money to is Business, there's no option to choose Family when I sent the money. So there's no way to reimburse the PayPal fee?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rmvnglst 

Guess not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.