Fees

brookwithnoe
Contributor
Contributor
Why did I get charged a $3.20 fee when someone sent me a payment of $100.00?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brookwithnoe 

Because you were sent a goods and services payment, not a friends and family payment. Standard domestic rate for G&S payment is 2.9% + $.30

It is against User Agreement to ask for friends and family payment in exchange for goods and services. But if the payment is for something personal, like paying someone back for something, then you must train sender to select "Sending to a friend" option under the amount field during payment process via Send and Request.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@brookwithnoe 

Because you were sent a goods and services payment, not a friends and family payment. Standard domestic rate for G&S payment is 2.9% + $.30

It is against User Agreement to ask for friends and family payment in exchange for goods and services. But if the payment is for something personal, like paying someone back for something, then you must train sender to select "Sending to a friend" option under the amount field during payment process via Send and Request.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

brookwithnoe
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks so much. I haven't used my acct in a long time and just getting back into selling my product so I've just been using it for friends and family and forgot about the fee for business. I appreciate the quick, accurate response.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.