Fees when receive money from other users.

matamera
Contributor
Contributor

I've been using paypal from years ago and received money from some sources. Online job, family and friends. I'm a graphic designer from indonesia, and i frequently receive the winning price from one of graphic design marketplace without fee charged  on my paypal account. But when my friends or family or other personal paypal users transfer/send money to my paypal (for some reasons), there is a fee charged and i'm not fully receive the amount transfered. For example from $100, i only receive about $80 - $90. Can anyone explain about this and what to do so i can receive the full amount transfered from family or friends or other personal users? Thanks in advance and please pardon for my bad english. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If someone sends you money using the Send Money feature and chooses the option for "Goods and Services", you will be charged a fee.   Goods and Services is intended for selling unlike "Friends and Family".     Assuming both the sending and receiving account are in the same country and the sender selects "Friends and Family" and uses money from their PayPal Account Balance or their bank account, there are no fees.  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

If someone sends you money using the Send Money feature and chooses the option for "Goods and Services", you will be charged a fee.   Goods and Services is intended for selling unlike "Friends and Family".     Assuming both the sending and receiving account are in the same country and the sender selects "Friends and Family" and uses money from their PayPal Account Balance or their bank account, there are no fees.  

Login to Me Too

matamera
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help, i didn't realize that there is an option for sending to friends or family. Will try this option then. Thanks again 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.