Fees - how hard can it be?

cgilley
New Community Member

I have never seen such obfuscation in my life. 

I have a personal paypal account going back, $ell, before Paypal was assimilated into Ebay, back when Ebay was in it's electronic garage sale glory days.  Moving on with life, I use Ebay from time to time to get rid of stuff that has accumulated for my business or home.  This week, I sold an item for $305 with shipping of $50.44.  I was amazed to see a "fee" of $15.94, over 5% of the base sale price.

NO EXPLANATION - ALL I WANT IS AN EXPLANATION

Off I went to try to learn about the fee structures - page after page, mind numbing.  If you have to supply 20 pages of legalize to explain your fee structure, you're not helping your customers.

I would think Paypal could make the fee amount linkable to a break down of charges - too easy.  So, chat has been offline forever, when I try to email, it won't actually let me enter a specific subject (it guides you to the topics *they* want), and I haven't tried to call yet.

It should not be this hard.  Any guidance?  A pointer to a fee synopsis that fits on one page?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.