Fees for transactions

BTGD
New Community Member

Dear All.
I have a product that I am selling online only using PayPal.
I am only a small business and my stock of product has run out so I am in the process of having more product manufactured and want to do it in China.

To pay the manufacture I have to send them US$10.200.

For me to do that I had to withdraw from my credit card and I did that, by invoicing myself (I have 2 PayPal accounts, one in Hong Kong and the other in Australia).

For that I was charged 3.6% = $486 which I find crazy.

Is there another way it can be done without that massive fee?

Kind regards BTGD

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

review PAYPAL fee schedule,you should have done so before you make payment

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @BTGD,

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty that you're facing, and I'm happy to provide some insight.

Please note that cash advances to yourself from a credit card are not permitted using PayPal. You can read about this and other prohibited activities in the PayPal User Agreement, which can be found by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

Sending payments to a merchant using your PayPal account using your credit card as a payment method is free for the sender. If the manufacturer that you're paying has a PayPal account, this is how I would recommend making payment.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.