Fees for sending to relatives

zhaoshirong
Contributor
Contributor

I want to send USD74 to my brother.  I've selected to send to a friend but it says it's going to charge me a fee.  I have a mixture of some money in USD and the rest in GBP so it's taking USD65 from the USD account and the rest from the GBP account.  And it's charging me a GBP fee.  So, at present I'm looking for an alternate method of paying him.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

zhaoshirong
Contributor
Contributor

It ain't talk.  Paypal advises you of the cost of the transaction before it goes ahead.  Anyway I had some more USD come into my account so I just sent him the $$.  

My objection is that they say right up front that there are no fees, and then they charge you.  They need to remove this nonsense about it being free,

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@zhaoshirong wrote:

It ain't talk.  Paypal advises you of the cost of the transaction before it goes ahead.  Anyway I had some more USD come into my account so I just sent him the $$.  

My objection is that they say right up front that there are no fees, and then they charge you.  They need to remove this nonsense about it being free,

if it bothers you so much,then find another way to send money to your cousin,one way is to send cash well disguised .   

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if you transfer these funds to your local NZ bank account ,you have to convert them t o NZ dollars,there will be fee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.