Fees for sending money internationally

hagfish
New Community Member

I need to send money to a customer. It says there is no fee for me but my customer pays a fee because it is international. How much will my customer be charged to receive money I owe him?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Depends on the amount, the funding source you choose and where it's going.

If you are a U.S. PayPal account holder sending money to a friend or family member with a PayPal account in a country other than the U.S., you may pay a fee depending on how you pay and which country the recipient’s account is in.

For example, if you send $100 to a friend in New Zealand and use funds from your bank account or account balance - PayPal will charge you $4.99 + a fixed fee of .45 NZD or .$65 USD = $5.64 - The receiver would get $95.36 USD

Note, using a credit card as your funding source will increase your fee to $8.54

I've looked at the Fees here and if I'm reading things correct - there you go.

If you are sending the money for Goods and Services - then the receiver pays the fees as this would appear as a sales transaction.   The receiver would be charged 3.4% + .45 NZD

An example of New Zealand fees can be found here.

Bottom line, to know the costs for your recipient, you would have to look up their country's fees.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Depends on the amount, the funding source you choose and where it's going.

If you are a U.S. PayPal account holder sending money to a friend or family member with a PayPal account in a country other than the U.S., you may pay a fee depending on how you pay and which country the recipient’s account is in.

For example, if you send $100 to a friend in New Zealand and use funds from your bank account or account balance - PayPal will charge you $4.99 + a fixed fee of .45 NZD or .$65 USD = $5.64 - The receiver would get $95.36 USD

Note, using a credit card as your funding source will increase your fee to $8.54

I've looked at the Fees here and if I'm reading things correct - there you go.

If you are sending the money for Goods and Services - then the receiver pays the fees as this would appear as a sales transaction.   The receiver would be charged 3.4% + .45 NZD

An example of New Zealand fees can be found here.

Bottom line, to know the costs for your recipient, you would have to look up their country's fees.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.