Fees for HK bank account to PayPal

Jamlee
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there! I am in Hong Kong and would like to send money home to a South African PayPal account. From what I understand, I just need to link my Hong Kong bank account to my PayPal and then I will be able to withdraw funds from my HK account to my linked FNB account. So withdrawing from HK account to SA account. I am aware that I will pay fees from PayPal to my bank but I’m interested in what fees I will pay for using my HK bank account to add funds to my PayPal account?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jamlee

You cannot link a HK bank account to your South Africa PayPal account. PayPal accounts are country specific. If you maintain residences in 2 different countries, you must open a HK PayPal account with a different email address and with active HK mailing address and active financial info in HK. Then you may link HK bank account to that.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jamlee
Contributor
Contributor
Okay great. That solves that. Once I open my HK PayPal account and add my bank account, will there be fees for me to send from one PayPal account to the other?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.