cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fees charged

SOLVED

Fees charged

Hi I am need of some help.

I sent a friend some money and was charged a fee $1.17. I find this odd as I have never been charged a fee before? Or perhaps i am confused if I sent it as a business are you still charged a fee?  I ask because I am about to make a purchase under $1,000 and I am wondering just want to expect should i make thge purchase as a business and friend transaction?

Thnaks!

rachel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Re: Fees charged

Did you use a credit card as the funding source to send the money ?  If you send funds using money from your account balance or bank account, there's no fees however, if a credit card was used, there's a fee.

From the FAQs:

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the U.S. is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you send. For example, if you send $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30).

As for making a purchase using a credit card - there are no fees for you - the merchant or seller is charged the processing fee.

3 REPLIES
Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Did you use a credit card as the funding source to send the money ?  If you send funds using money from your account balance or bank account, there's no fees however, if a credit card was used, there's a fee.

From the FAQs:

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the U.S. is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you send. For example, if you send $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30).

As for making a purchase using a credit card - there are no fees for you - the merchant or seller is charged the processing fee.

Thanks for that, I used a debit card.  However with your info which is greatly appreciated thank you, I just added my bank acct.

Rachel

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Glad to help where I can.    Smiley Happy

Tags (1)