Fees and sending money: Denmark to Mexico -> how much do account receivers pay to receive money?

marielexoteria
New Community Member

Morning everyone,

I wish my relatives in Mexico to receive a specific amount. Now, I have sent money before and I understand that I pay a fee for sending the money AND that they pay a fee for receiving the money (which they get deducted from the money they receive). I have searched for the specific fees for accomplishing this, but I got taken to a long page with several different lists of fees and that doesn't quite answer my question.

For example: if I want them to receive 1000 MXN, how much do they pay in fees to receive said money, so that I can add it to what I send them?

In case it's relevant: my Paypal account is tied to a Danish bank account and a debit card. I have started the process to send money (haven't actually paid for it) in case I could find my answer, and I notice that I can only send money as "Paying for an item or service".

Thank you in advance,

Mariel

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you will pay conversion fee and xchange rate applies.

your relative may have to pay fee as well,check the fee schedule

you can go thru the motion of sending a small sum and see what feees popped up,but then they could have to pay fee as well.

why not try a small sum and hear from them

or send enough to cover all fees

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.