Fees and block

VictorFerezan
Contributor
Contributor

Hey everybody!  I'm new to transactions made via Paypal and I need to know 3 things:

1. How can I be sure the buyer will not cancel the payment towards me AFTER I will send the goods to him? His payment towards me is blocked for 21 days.

2. Why is there a 45 $ fee tax held from his payment towards me? Is this normal? Is this paypal fee?

3. Does Paypal always answer via automatic replies that have no connection with the question asked? 🙂

Thank you very much,

Victor. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VictorFerezan

Buyer has no idea your payment is on hold, that is between you and paypal as you are a new seller.

If you say what country you are in I can give you the link with more info on the new seller hold.

Secondly your buyer can't cancel a payment, they can only open disputes for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described.

So your best bet is to read up on Paypal seller protection so you can risk assess your transactions as its not a 100% coverall.

You pay a fee per transaction which varies country to country and is higher for international sales.

If you email paypal will generally get a rubbish robotic response better to use other options but again as you have not said what country you are in AND have not added it to your community profile can't advise further on that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VictorFerezan
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your answer. Helps a lot.

My location is Bucharest, Romania. Honestly, for a first impression, I feel paypal is a poor service compared to online banking. Last week I had a similar transaction (similar goods and money transferred) and all in all bank feedback (tech support) and commission was better than paypal. It's true, last week transaction was between EU countries, while this is EU - USA. Also, the internal paypal currency conversion in outrageous! It feels like paypal gives US based buyers a much needed feeling of safety when dealing with anybody else in the world, but inside EU its's a poor option, as I said. Can you please help with a link to paypal fee / transaction?

Thank you again for your help!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.