Fees Sending money to family with a credit card

Sherilynn77
Contributor
Contributor

When sending money to a family member using a credit card who is charged the fees. The Sender, the receiver or both. Is there a way the sending can just pay all fees so the person needing money can get the amount they needed

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
If you're sending using a credit card then the receiver is going to be charged the fee. If you want to cover that for them you could add that amount to the amount you're sending. Of course, when you do that, it affects the fee calculation so you can't make it 100% accurate, but you can get close.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Sherilynn77,

Thank you for your post. I wanted to clarify some information.

When you send a friends and family payment, if there are any fees involved (use of a card and/or cross-border fees), they are paid by the sender of the payment. Payments for goods and services are where the fees are paid by the receiver.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.