Fees Charge by Accident - How to correct

Marebeth
New Community Member

Some people I know were suppose to send money via "Friends and family" No Fee but they sent as product or services and Paypal took out a fee. Do I contact Paypal to get these fees reversed? There's like 10 people who did this and most don't know how to use Paypal so I'm sure it was by accident.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marebeth 

No. You'll have to train your personal payment senders to select "Sending to a friend" under the amount field during the payment process via Send and Request. Also payments by money requests are charged a fee to received, fyi.

Or issue a refund and have them resend the payment with the proper payment type selected as above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marebeth 

No. You'll have to train your personal payment senders to select "Sending to a friend" under the amount field during the payment process via Send and Request. Also payments by money requests are charged a fee to received, fyi.

Or issue a refund and have them resend the payment with the proper payment type selected as above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.